Using PowerPoint to Differentiate Instruction
PowerPoint Menu-Driven Assessment
As I completed the PowerPoint assignment, I began wondering how PowerPoint could be used in the classroom to differentiate instruction. As I completed my assignment, I made a "From Genes to Proteins" stand-alone PowerPoint that I am going to use with my Biology students to review protein synthesis via transcription and translation. Besides in a review or introducing new materials, I wondered in what other ways PPT could be utilized by my students without me in the picture. I found another stand-alone PPT about western geography which is being used as a readiness pre-assessment. I like the idea of using PPT for a pre-assessment of seeing readiness of students on a particular unit.
However to use it as a readiness pre-assessment tool, somehow someone needs to track what questions students know and what questions students do not know. One way is having students self evaluate and track what they get correct/incorrect. I wonder if there is a way for PPT to track the number of correct/incorrect responses and make a report for each individual child. Sounds like a possible "redesign" project.
Labels: differentiated instruction, PowerPoint, readiness

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home